Experienced Rochester Lawyer Provides Effective Criminal Defense to Clients throughout Upstate New York
Handling serious misdemeanor and felony charges
If you have been charged with a crime in Upstate New York, you need a knowledgeable attorney protecting your rights in court and providing you with the comprehensive defense strategies you need. At the McKain Law Firm, P.C. in Rochester, we take on your case, no matter how complex, and fight from start to finish. Our founder, Kevin K. McKain, has handled numerous high-profile cases over the past several years in both state and Federal court, including cases involving National drug conspiracies, economic crimes, sex crimes, fraud and murder.
The knowledge you need on your side
Your choice of attorney is important to the overall success of your case, and every client who comes to the McKain Law Firm, P.C. receives the benefit of our:
- Trial experience — During Mr. McKain's career as a criminal defense attorney, he has represented clients in trials in state and Federal court. He knows how the legal process works and uses his knowledge of criminal proceedings to determine the best strategy for your defense. Over the past three years, alone, Mr. McKain has defended over sixty cases through trial, including over twenty felony jury trials in both state and Federal court.
- Sole focus — Because Mr. McKain focuses his practice only on criminal defense, he is able to concentrate his efforts in this one area of the law, as opposed to spreading himself thin over a number of areas of law. This concentration is ultimately better for your defense.
- Extensive knowledge — In addition to being an attorney, Mr. McKain coauthored a book on DWI defense in New York titled Inside the Minds: Strategies for Defending DWI Cases in New York (Aspatore; 2012). This book gives insight into the DWI defense strategies that work best in New York, which he uses in his own private practice to benefit clients. Mr. McKain is currently writing his second book on criminal defense, which is due out this summer.
Comprehensive defense against a range of charges
At the McKain Law Firm, P.C. we focus our practice on all areas of criminal defense, including:
- Violent crimes — Being charged with a violent crime is a serious matter that can include heavy fines and a lengthy prison sentence. We defend the rights of clients charged with violent crimes such as assault, burglaries and robberies.
- Drug crimes — Whether you have been charged with possession, trafficking or manufacturing, we defend your rights in court against any drug charge.
- Gun crimes — We have a deep knowledge of the gun laws of New York and defend clients who have been charged with a gun crime of any kind.
- DWI — A DWI conviction can have an immense effect on your life, personally and professionally. We defend clients charged with these crimes and fight to get your charges either reduced or dismissed.
- Federal crimes — Any time you are charged with a federal crime, your case will be much more complicated. We have experience in both state and Federal court, and know how to best defend you.
Get the criminal defense help you need today
Call the Rochester office of the McKain Law Firm, P.C. today at (855) 471-2113 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation. Our office is located just one block away from the Monroe County Hall of Justice and we represent clients throughout all of Upstate New York.